Do you have a special recipe that your family and friends always ask you to make for those special family gatherings? Well, one of the dishes I get asked to bring for our special family occasions is my Japanese Salad recipe. I would love to share my recipe with you.
Try this delicious Japanese Salad recipe! This tasty recipe will compliment many main entrée dishes. You will not only love the taste of this salad recipe, but it is also very nutritious for you!
Japanese Salad Recipe
– 1/2 large cabbage shredded – 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– 3 chopped green onions – 2 cups bean sprouts
– 1/4 cup sunflower seeds – 1/2 cup slivered almonds
– 1 package instant noodle soup (noodles only, uncooked, save the broth package)
– 1 cup chow main noodles uncooked
– Broth package from soup – 1 tbsp white sugar
– 1/2 cup olive oil – 1/2 tsp pepper
– 3 tbsp vinegar – 1/3 cup Soya sauce
Combine all salad ingredients except for the soup and chow mien noodles. In a separate bowl, add all dressing ingredients together and mix well. Pour over salad. Mix salad. Crush soup noodles and sprinkle both the soup and chow mien noodles over salad. Serve and enjoy this Japanese Healthy Salad Recipe!
Vegetables – Helpful Cooking Hints & Tips
When blanching only a small amount of vegetables, place them in a wire sieve and place in boiling water for approximately 40 seconds. Then immediately place them into ice cold water.
They have a protective coating, so do not wash them until ready to use.
Use only stainless steel cookware and utensils for artichokes to prevent discoloring.
Rub all surfaces with lemon to retard browning.
If it is not real fresh, then add 1 tsp of sugar (to add sweetness) and ¼ tsp of salt (to retain their color and taste) to each cup of water used.