This dinner- a healthy quick recipe for Stir Fry Chicken with Zucchini and Noodles is a busy mom’s dream come true. It is an extra quick and easy chicken recipe that is inexpensive to boot. The noodles cook in 1 minute once the water boils and the chicken only needs a few minutes of stir frying. The dish is low in fat and healthy, and sure to be a hit for dinner on those busy nights. Why not bring out the chopsticks and practice up on your skills.
To thinly slice the chicken, place the breasts in the freezer for a few minutes to partially freeze the meat. The breasts will then be firm but not hard and easy to slice thin. Be careful not to freeze solid however, frozen chicken is nearly impossible to slice. Instead of the ramen noodles, you could also serve this recipe over stir fried rice or alone with additional vegetables.
Stir Fry Chicken with Zucchini and Noodles
1whole or 2 halves chicken breast, diced or sliced thin
1 Tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic crushed, or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced into matchsticks
14 cup canned mushroom slices
1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water or chicken broth
3-4 packages chicken flavored ramen noodles depending on your guests
- Put on the water for the noodles. Ramen noodles cook fast, follow the package directions, but you will drain them for serving. There is no need to cook them separately, just do them all in the same pot. When the cooking time is up, take them off the heat; keep them warm until the chicken is done, then drain.
- Stir fry the chicken over high heat with the garlic in a small amount of oil. When it turns white, add the soy sauce and continue stirring for a 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms. Continue cooking for a few more minutes
- Mix the cornstarch with the water or broth. Stir into the mixture and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Serve the Chicken with Zucchini over a bed of drained ramen noodles. Serves 4.