You need motivation to lose weight especially if you’ve tried several times to lose weight but have failed in all the endeavors. If you are getting fed up with your weight loss goals, then remember that it takes strong will and purposeful mind to really achieve permanent weight loss. That is why this article is created to help you get some ways to be motivated so that your weight loss would be stress free and very permanent.
To create a strong desire for permanent weight loss, you must
1. Join weight loss forums as through these forums, you will be able to get acquainted with people who are like-minded as you in their bid to lose weight. At the forums, you will meet others too who had serious weight problems but are now enjoying life free from obesity. They can be of help to you in motivating you.
2. Read more about people who were having very serious weight problems but were able to lose that weight. Their testimonials will kindle the passion and fire in you to burn the fat.
3. Set realistic weight loss goals for yourself. Set deadlines and then reward yourself if you achieve the target. You can set a goal to drop 50 pounds in 5 months. Then you can set 5 different deadlines and your real target should be to lose 10 pounds every month. Measure your weight twice or once in a month. If you do it every day, you may be discouraged, as you may not notice any significant changes yet.
4. Get friends who are like-minded as you are because “iron sharpens iron”. The friends should be positive minded people who are really serious to shed those unwanted pounds permanently out of your body.
5. Reward yourself when you really achieve a weight loss goal or target you set for yourself. This is very important because, when you reward yourself, you feel happy about it and would want to do more to achieve future goals. If you fall short of your target, do not reward yourself. If possible accept punishment by denying yourself of something you like very much. If you plan a big reward for yourself, the greater the motivation.
6. You should finally know that fear is a greater motivation factor. Read more about the dangers associated with you being overweight. Make it a point to avoid the dangers at all cost, because it is a matter of life and death. Don’t mind what others say, but keep on focusing on the dangers associated with being overweight and the more you focus on it, the more your mind gets stirred up and becomes motivated to lose weight.
These are enough to help you get motivated to lose weight and keep it off forever. If you combine the above methods, you can be sure you’ll stay highly motivated to lose weight.