Children grow and develop at a very rapid pace. It becomes greatly essential to know about the health care needs and the various services to be used for them which are quite different form adults. You child’s health not only include physical; aspect alone but mental as well as his social well being also counts a lot. Most of the parents are aware of the basics to keep their children healthy including their diet offering healthy foods, enough hours of sound sleep and proper exercises for their proper growth and safety.
Even if you feel your child is healthy and fine you should take him to doctor for regular checkups. Such visits can prove highly beneficial to prevent any disease at its initial stage and to know if he is growing in a normal manner or has any kind of deficiency which your eyes may tend to skip or ignore. Children are always dependent on their parents and other adults around for accessing their own health care and the evaluations of the quality of that care. Also remember if your children have grown up to the stage of adolescence they may have their own unique needs of health care and the pattern of use.
Various check-ups which you should go for your children from time to time are:
– Diet planning, checking if there is any significant weight gain or loss.
– Proper sleeping hours and sound sleep. Check if your child is having any sleep problems or any worry-some sleep change behavior.
– Check if the child has frequent sore throats. He may be facing some serious throat problem which can be healed with proper checkup by doctor and taking his prescriptions.
– See if your child is breathing normally or has to put force and is facing any sort of difficulty.
– Skin infections are very common in early days of life as the skin is very sensitive during that period. So keep checking if your child is prone to any sore or allergy.
– Irregular bowel movements are common in children. Knowing the treatment would help you avoid serious problems in such cases.
You should always keep in mind that all medicines which you may be taking are not safe for children. They need light doses as prescribed by doctor. Do not experiment with your children as their bodies are very sensitive. It all depends upon the age of your child and his ability to reciprocate his problem to you. The bigger the child is in age the lesser will be the health problems faced by him as he can tell you his physical and mental well being to you himself or when asked. Pre-verbal children are to be dealt more carefully and till the parents do not panic every situation is under control. Pre-school children have only slight understanding of the body wounds or problems at the surface. Junior-school children have the ability to reason and discuss. And the secondary-age school children respond equally as elders.