Here are some perfect options for a healthy breakfast. These easy breakfast recipes are great for anyone. Each recipe requires just a few fresh ingredients and minimal preparation so you can have them ready in just minutes. They are a healthy way to start the day and make meal planning quick and easy. Each recipe makes 2-3 servings.
– Avocado Jicama Wrap: Take 2 soft tortilla wraps and spread a layer of almond butter on each wrap. Next, place some jicama (peeled and cut into thin strips), thin avocado slices, and alfalfa sprouts down the center of each wrap, fold one side over the other and enjoy.
– Honey Peach Salad: Here is a simple salad that can be served in layers in a parfait glass or dessert bowl. You will need two parfait glasses or two dessert bowls, two cups of sliced peaches, one cup of sliced pears, one cup of plain or vanilla low-fat yogurt, two tablespoons of chopped walnuts, and honey to taste. Place a layer of peaches and pears on the bottom of each glass or bowl, then a layer of yogurt, then some walnut pieces and then a drizzle of honey. Continue this way until you have used all the ingredients.
– Eggs On The Run: Hard boil a few eggs for a quick grab-n-go meal along with a small container of mustard, mayonnaise or salsa for dipping. Another idea is to slice up a hard boiled egg and make an egg sandwich with a simple spread like low-fat mayonnaise or a soy mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, or a mustard and yogurt combination and a slice of low-fat cheese, fresh basil leaves and thinly sliced tomatoes.
– Citrusy Avocado Fruit Recipe: Here is a sweet and creamy fruit recipe that comes together in minutes. Place in a bowl, one medium avocado (peeled, pitted, and cubed), one small can of mandarin orange segments (drained), one cup of strawberries (cut into chunks), one-half cup chayote squash (cubed), three-quarters of a cup of low-fat sour cream or Greek style plain yogurt, one tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Combine ingredients well and serve in individual bowls.
– Creamy Waffle Sandwich: Toast four waffles (or two if you prefer an open-faced sandwich) and top with a cooked sausage patty (regular or vegetarian-style), a couple of thin slices of avocado, and some crumbled goat cheese and diced tomatoes.