Various health related problems in human beings affect differently to men and women. It has been seen that women generally neglect their own health taking care of their husbands and kids. Some of the health concerns are solely feminine and some are more common in women than men. The ones more common in women are obesity, osteoarthritis, depression etc. and the ones unique to women are menopause, pregnancy, menstrual disorders etc.
A few things to be kept in mind by women for good health:
– Always plan your pregnancies. See your doctor regularly when you are pregnant. Pre-natal care i.e. before planning a pregnancy has proved that it increases the chances of delivering a healthy baby and decreases all the pregnancy related complications.
– Go for regular mammograms.
– Get regular screenings and checkups done by doctor. It is always beneficial to detect any health problem in its initial stage especially as breast cancer, ovarian or uterine cancer.
– Do not leave unchecked if you are facing any of the health problems as continuous backaches, change in color of urine and stool, lumps on body, persistent cough, pains and headaches, chest pains, change in colors of warts and moles etc. Get yourself checked up by a doctor if you face any of these.
– Sudden gain or loss in weight should also not go ignored as it may be a symptom of some serious health problem. Obesity also increases the chances of heart diseases, diabetes, sleep apnea, cancers and osteoarthritis which you should be aware of.
Health care is very essential for women as it would affect the entire spectrum of their lives. Regular checkups are very necessary as some heath problems as cardiac disease, heart attacks etc. may go unnoticed as their symptoms in most of the women are not clear. They should opt for all the possible health care steps for early detections of various health diseases and to prevent or treat them fully. A few simple and known steps are acquiring healthy eating habits having balanced diet, low in saturated fats; exercising and regular medical checkups.
The common health problems faced by women if they smoke are chances to develop lung cancer that was thought more likely in men. Women should totally avoid cigarette and caffeine to remain healthy saving themselves from harmful results. It has been researched that caffeine present in coffee, tea, chocolates etc. may also increase the risk of benign breast diseases or cancers which most of the women are prone to. And it has been seen that the women suffering from non-cancerous breast diseases are relieved from their suffering after removing caffeine from their diet.
Women should be well aware of various risk factors to avoid any health problems. Although there are a few genetic ones which can’t be avoided at all but many others are in your control. Consult your doctor on various issues to reduce risk factors. Ask that how frequent you should make him visits and what all are the screenings, vaccines and tests which you may need. This way you can take good care of your health and can fully be incharge of your health issues.