Try these two amazing and easy healthy breakfast ideas. If you’re fed up eating the same old, boring bland foods for breakfast you should definitely consider giving these 2 recipes a shot. They are nutritionally balanced, high in protein, healthy fats and are suitable if you are following the ‘lean gains’ type of intermittent fasting. For those of you who are not aware, intermittent fasting is a lifestyle where you have two windows; an eating window and a fasting window. It truly has revolutionised how a lot of fitness professionals (myself included) see the fitness and nutrition industry. These two easy healthy breakfast ideas reflect that revolutionary thinking.
Baked Egg in Avocado Cups
• 1 Avocado
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Coconut Oil
• Handful of Chopped Chives
• Chilli flakes to your taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out a little more of the avocado – to make room for the egg. Place the avocado halves in a tin or oven safe bowl so they don’t roll around. You can slice a little from the avocado to give it a flat base to make them more stable. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
4. Bake for 8 – 15 min depending how well done you like your eggs.
5. Sprinkle with chives and serve with green salad.
Special Breakfast Eggs
• 2 organic eggs, beaten
• a handful of frozen or fresh peas
• a handful of (7 or so) chunky and juicy tiger prawns
• Himalayan rock salt, ground black pepper
• handful of chopped coriander
• coconut oil
1. Heat a frying pan with butter or coconut oil.
2. Add the beaten eggs and let them cook as you scramble them.
3. Add the peas and prawns, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix it all well until eggs are cooked.
5. Serve hot sprinkled with coriander.
I do hope you give these two recipes a go. They are high in protein and healthy fats and are a great addition to anyone’s recipe list and show you that easy healthy recipe ideas can be enjoyed with minimal fuss and maximum taste. Remember if there are any elements of the recipes or ingredients you can’t have or don’t like, simply substitute them out or adapt the recipe to suit your needs.